Search This Blog

Loading...

Welcome to my fun job

I love to cook and create recipes. here you will find them. as well i will feature other recipes that I have tried and loved, as well as those that did not work out so well.

You will occasionally see blog posts on here that have nothing at all to do with food. My other passion is being a weather nut. So yes they may on occasion show up on here as well. Yep I am a geek like that.

Friday, September 14, 2012

Sausage Biscuits and Gravy

For a northern girl I sure have a major fondness for southern style food.  Could be it that I get from my boyfriend (who hails from NC)?  Or perhaps I am just a southern girl at heart.  After all I love my country music, sweet tea warm summer evenings outside on the deck.  Oh yeah and I love all the summer night time sounds. 

So it seems natural to me that I enjoy southern style foods.  and this one was no exception. Albeit while I can not make it daily as I would love to.  It is still very good and NOT healthy for ya. but hey,  everything in moderation right?

so here we go with a recipe for Sausage Gravy.:) .  The original recipe is from all-recipes.com I have not changed it except for the amount of pepper.



1 pound of Jimmy Dean's bulk sausage. 
2 Cups milk
1/4 cup flower
1 tbsp pepper. 
and salt if wanted. 
4 to 8 biscuits 

Brown sausage in big frying pan.  While browning chop into small bite size pieces. Once sausage is browned, Stir flour until dissolved.  Gradually stir in milk a little at time.  Cook gravy until it is bubbly and thick. towards the end add in salt and pepper.  

Serve over biscuits.   (i used 4 biscuits. although the original recipe calls for 8 biscuits. 
Enjoy I know I did.  

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I love sausage biscuits. This looks fab.
    Glad that you went over and found my blog--even though we were excommunicated over on FB.
    Oh well.
    Follow me over on wordpress. Let's keep in touch!

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete